About the MAP
In the south of France, the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (IAMM), which is one of the four institutes of the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM), coordinates the Multi-Actor Platform in the South region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, PACA Sud.
The region is characterised by a small, isolated, yet active rural population, and inequality in access to services. The main economic activities are tourism and agriculture. There is a high exposure to natural and technical risks.
The thematic focus of the MAP, based on discussions among members, is two-fold and interlinked:
- Land-use management in the context of climate change. The discussions during the second cycle showed that the issue of the adaptation of rural territories to climate change is a major issue in the context of the implementation of the new French resilience-climate law and makes it possible to address many of the priorities identified in previous work.
- Entrepreneurship, social economy, just transition and sustainable value chains. This topic is complementary and may allow a more programmatic approach that addresses the next LEADER call for proposals.
The activities of this MAP are designed to achieve the following specific objectives:
- MAP objective 1: Sustain and strengthen the current platform.
- MAP objective 2: Develop concrete proposals for sustainable land use in a context of climate change and the gradual implementation of zero net artificialisation.
- Map objective 3: Develop concrete proposals for strengthening more sustainable value chains in the context of climate change and in line with next LEADER’ call for proposals.
Local NGO and SMEs, development agency, university, rural network, LAGs, research groups, regional offices, regional chamber of agriculture, etc.