About the MAP
In the south of France, the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (IAMM), which is one of the four institutes of the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM), coordinates the Multi-Actor Platform in the South region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, PACA Sud.
The region is characterised by a small, isolated, yet active rural population, and inequality in access to services. The main economic activities are tourism and agriculture. There is a high exposure to natural and technical risks.
The Multi-Actor Platform is newly established, and its core members are identified and invited with the support of the Rural Network of PACA and the mobilisation of Local Action Groups.
The activities of this MAP are designed to achieve the following specific objectives:
- MAP objective 1: In the context of preparing the next CAP Strategic Plans and next ERDF’s Operational Programme in South region of PACA, the platform will identify the main needs for rural areas.
- MAP objective 2: Based on the needs, identify the main topics to be developed within the framework of SHERPA and choose two topics for the first year.
- Map objective 3: For each subject chosen, identify the measures that make it possible to respond to the main challenges through the CAP Strategic Plans and the ERDF’s Operational Programme.
- MAP objective 4: Contribute to share existing knowledge and identify knowledge gaps on rural issues and create networks among relevant stakeholders in order to improve the knowledge exchange from which decisions can be taken.
- MAP objective 5: Seek synergies between various regional policy areas on rural in order to magnify the impact and ensure there is no overlapping.
Local NGO and SMEs, development agency, university, rural network, LAGs.