About the MAP
In Greece, the research group of the Agricultural University of Athens coordinates the newly established Multi-Actor Platform Peloponnese, which operates at a regional level.
The Peloponnese peninsula in southern Greece has a strong manufacturing base, an important agricultural production, but the majority of activity is in services including tourism, which has a growth potential given recent public and private investments. The regional innovation system is rather weak and regional enterprises are not well served in terms of more specialist market and technological advice.
To solve these kinds of problems, the activities of the platform will be related to employment, reskilling, upskilling, entrepreneurship, and sustainable value chains.
The activities of this MAP are designed to achieve the following specific objectives:
- MAP objective 1: Explore challenges and opportunities related to the topic.
- MAP objective 2: Identify possible interventions for exploiting research, technology and innovation achievements, placing emphasis on the region’s strengths (renewable energy resources, ecologically important areas).
- MAP objective 3: Bring together society (in all their diversity) with national, regional and local authorities and the industry working closely with EU institutions, and consultative bodies, to enhance the sustainability of the region.
- MAP objective 4: Investigate pathways and transitions towards a sustainable rural development mindset (in adherence to Green Deal’s Farm to Fork strategy, and the biodiversity strategy).
- MAP objective 5: Gathering knowledge from members of the local society in relation to employment, entrepreneurship, local food value chains.
- MAP objective 6: Publishing MAP Position Paper.
- MAP objective 7: Contributing to knowledge exchange on the topic at the regional level.
Stakeholders from society, policy and science.